Move in and Out - Reverse Pivot and Circle - Boxing 101 Class Review

Here is a short demo of a topic we covered in Class 2 and 3 of the Boxing 101 Class. We've been working heavily on circular movement, techniques that Cuban and European Boxers use and implement beautifully. They are always moving, in, out, and around(circling) and sometimes very slickly and quickly reverse pivoting (while pumping the Jab or any other combo) and then circling out in the opposite direction.

Please keep in mind this is fairly advanced and was a difficult concept to explain and teach to brand new students to boxing but I thought it would be fun and a definite challenge to say the least. This is a quick demo of just one example of what we covered in class. I start on the outside and move in, throw a quick Jab-Cross-Left Hook, and then Reverse Pivot and throwing two Jabs and finally circling out and back to a place of my chosing. I'm always trying to be mindful of my footwork and remembering to always be in my base stance, no matter what I'm doing or how I'm moving. When in doubt SLOW DOWN and take your time!

Comments

Popular Posts